Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Embroidery Hoop Art


While hopping around online , I came across the site for Stephanie K. Toland, a super talented artist. She has many impressive images of her paintings posted and while I definitely admire her work in oil, her embroidery hoop art is what really caught my eye. The clothes on a line trio shown above is my favorite. It just goes to show how a couple of concepts and mediums can overlap to result in something unique and charming.

The idea of art within the embroidery hoop frame is hardly novel, but there are so many ways to use the hoop that can still be fresh and different. I am curious about using the stretched fabric or canvas for drawing or watercolor mixed with embroidered touches. Maybe there can be some space on my girls' bedroom wall for a series of hoop art....


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails