Friday, June 17, 2011

fabric for the nook


For Sweet Pea's nursery nook we have a rocking chair that used to belong to my husband's grandmother. It's a little scratched and the paint is worn out in places, but we aren't planning to change it. We love that the wear is reflective of its use and her love. We do have to soften it a bit for us to sit in.

So the plan is to pad it with a pillow or two. And even though I not very talented with a needle and thread - I think I can handle this project especially if I'm working with one of Golly Bard's lovely prints. Holly of Golly Bard is one heck of a talented artist (her blog, her etsy shop) and though I'm saving my pennies to buy one of her originals - having one of her fabrics to cover a rocking chair for my little fella is a very nice thing to have...


find the golly bard fabric at spoonflower

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the link; I've been looking for a piece of fabric to frame and put on the wall over my sofa and the honeybees were perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivi, you are too kind! What a wonderful idea. I'm so honored that you would consider my fabric designs for your dear Sweet Pea's room.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails