Monday, August 22, 2011

a wooden spool


Packages just look that much better when the wrapping is finished off with a twine bow or tie. One of the best little gifts I ever got was a bag full of various colored baker's twine on wooden spools. I have used that twine on nearly everything I have gifted in the past year and now I have some great spools left behind.

I decided to look around and see what sorts of repurposing ideas people had for these spools. One of the first things that caught my eye was using the surface of the spool as a canvas of sorts...

For those a little less artistically inclined- the spool as a simple photo holder or a vase.



What a cool "thank you" for a teacher- talk about a guaranteed smile!Teacher apple card via pininterest

Some decorative garland- seemingly perfect for parties or a kid's room.Spool Garland via Pinterest

It appears those spools have great potential.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the spool garland - great idea for a crafternoon party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these fun spool projects! I added a link to your blog entry on my Wooden Spool Crafts article on Squidoo. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails