Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cheers

I have said it before, and I am sure I will again, that I am a big Amy Poehler and Parks and Recreation fan. I loved seeing this quote from her:
"I hope and assume that every good comedy writer, no matter the age, has a moment where they discover how great Cheers is," says Poehler, who regularly watches Cheers episodes in her Parks & Recreation trailer. "And I would encourage any young person getting into comedy to sit down and watch it."
Not only did I agree, having been a Cheers Fan since the 6th grade (which as a mom now I think is perhaps inappropriate...), but it also lead me to the fantastic article in GQ,  "The Best TV Show That's Ever Been". It is about the creation and duration of the 11 season comedy and includes insight from creators, writers and actors.
I remember eagerly anticipating the finale of the series. It actually aired the night before my last official day of high school. You know how folks sometimes say they grew up watching something....I guess that is how I can describe this much revered sitcom. I grew up watching Cheers and was pleasantly surprised to find out from the article that all 275 episodes are on Netflix. If you are a fan of the old show, or just want to read an interesting entertainment piece, check out the article from the October 2012 GQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails